Kleinfeld Bridal

Wild Friday Nights

October 12, 2013

Happy Friday! I wish I were able to request more hours in the day today. I got back to the Bronx from work tonight, worked out, gathered laundry, and put my dinner in the oven, and now it’s almost 9 o’clock. My dinner is still cooking, my laundry is in the dryer, I still need to shower, and I certainly would love to sit down with a glass of wine and watch some TV. Three extra hours, please!

When I woke up this morning, I consulted weather.com and it advised me to wear rain boots and dress for colder weather. I put on the most comfortable, appropriate outfit I could think of for work, as well as my rain boots again, and headed outside into a rather comfortable temperature. The rain boots were unnecessary for the second time in a row, but I know the day I don’t wear them it will be pouring.

I got into Manhattan really early, so I stopped at Trader Joe’s and did some much needed food shopping. I made my own tea again this morning, so I wonder if my tea friend was missing me! At work, I was placed with Jacqueline, who I have never been with before, but chat with in the store often. Jacqueline is a 50 year old woman from Haiti with a laugh like Rafiki from the Lion King, and I really don’t mean that in a bad way. Her presence is so strong. She has the biggest heart ever and an awesome outlook on life.

None of our brides were particularly memorable today. One came in with a $5,000 budget and fell in love with a $15,300 Pnina gown. Pnina was at Kleinfeld today, and will be until the 20th for another trunk show, so she offered the bride 17.5% off the gown (which never happens) but she left, hoping to come back with some money from her father. I don’t see the point in spending three times more than your limit, but I’m not the one doing it…

After one of our appointments left early (she needed to catch a bus an hour into the appointment), Jacqueline and I sat in her room and read a bunch of the cards on her wall from brides and previous interns. She was cracking up at some of the things people wrote, and couldn’t contain herself when she found a card hanging that was thanking her for the bottle of wine she sent. According to Jacqueline, she has no idea who she sent that to and had no idea why she hung the card up, either.

I really enjoyed working with Jacqueline. It was a good experience, and she really included me in the appointments and insisted the brides did as well. The next two work days begin with early mornings, but after I get through those, Mom and Dad are coming to visit! I can’t wait! Now, I’m hoping those veggies are done…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *